How to Download Facebook Videos For Free
If You Found a video on Facebook that you just have to save? Afraid the person is going to remove it before you have a chance to really enjoy it? Want to transfer the video to your phone to watch later? To do any of this, you’ll need to download the video from Facebook. Follow this guide to download any video that someone uploads to Facebook.
1. Determine if the video is hosted by Facebook. Facebook allows the linking of videos from a variety of sites, and users can also host videos directly on Facebook. You can see what the host is underneath the preview and title of the video. If there is no host listed, then the video is being hosted on Facebook.
- If the video is being hosted on another site, such as YouTube, follow this quide:
2. Right-click on the link to the video. Select “Copy link address” from the menu that appears. Alternatively, you can load the video and then copy the URL from your browser’s address bar.
- The address is typically similar to “http://facebook.com/photo.php?v=xxxxxxxxxxxxx” or “http://facebook.com/video/video.php?v=xxxxxxxxxxxxx”.
3. Visit a Facebook video downloading service. There are several available online. These sites are ad-supported, and often try to trick you with fake download buttons. Only click the download button directly next to the text field. You will have the best experience using these sites if you set your browser to block ads.
4. Paste the URL into the field. Click the download button to the right of the field. This will take you to the download page of the video requested.]
- If you receive a message that the video you are trying to download is Private, just Click the Private Video Downloader and follow the steps there.
5. Right-click on the provided download link. Again, depending on the video requested, there would be a Low Quality and a High Quality links, just choose the appropriate link. Right-click on the download link and select “Save link as…”. You can then name the file and set where you want it to download on your computer.
- The video file would be under .mp4 format maybe you’ll need a Video Player to play it on your computer.
Hope this helps
Thank you for reading